The KX-TGA670B is an optional add-on handset for the Panasonic KX-TG6700B and Panasonic KX-TG6702B 5.8GHz 2-Line Multi-Handset Cordless Phone Systems and will only work with one of these systems.
The Panasonic KX-TGA670B Digital GigaRange� cordless handset takes full advantage of the 5.8GHz frequency's long range, exceptional clarity, and virtually interference-free operation. Panasonic uses the wide bandwidth 5.8GHz frequency in both directions, between the base and handset, for outstanding range and audibility. With two-line operation, you can conference in two outside lines to have a three-way conversation. Or place your current call on hold to make another call.
Among the KX-TGA670B's features that set Panasonic apart from the competition: Voice Enhancer, which reproduces the upper and lower voice frequencies left out by standard telephones; Chain Dial, which allows users to "chain" numbers stored in memory together by pressing a single button for each stored number during a call; and a light at the end of the handset that alerts you to incoming calls and waiting messages.
Panasonic KX-TGA670B Key Features
- 5.8GHz Frequency-Hopping Digital Spread Spectrum (FHSS) Operation
- 5.8GHz technology operates on a different wavelength with much less traffic than 2.4GHz technology, yet maintains outstanding levels of security, clarity and range. FHSS technology improves calling range and clarity, and eliminates cross talk. Because it rapidly changes transmission frequencies within the 5.8GHz bandwidth, this cordless system helps reduce the possibility of eavesdropping.
- Wireless Network Friendly
- 5.8GHz Technology will not interfere with wireless computer networks using 900MHz or 2.4GHz technology.
- Connect Up To Two Outside Phone Lines
- With the KX-TG6500B's two-line operation, you can conference in two outside lines to have a three-way conversation. Or place your current call on hold to make another call. Being able to use two phone lines with just one phone makes it convenient and efficient to manage your calls.
- Plug-and-Play Installation with the Panasonic KX-TG6700B and Panasonic KX-TG6702B 5.8GHz 2-Line Cordless Phone Systems
- Give your home or home office the features of a sophisticated telephone system without the high price tag. Panasonic 5.8GHz cordless phone systems operate via cordless transmissions, so no expensive (and messy) wiring or installation is required. Simply hook up the base to your phone line to the base unit and plug it into an AC outlet. Up to seven additional handsets (each with an included recharging stand) can be added to the system, either right away or as your needs grow. It's that simple!
- Call Waiting Caller ID*
- Displays the name and number of incoming callers* on the handset, even if you're on another call.
- 50-Station Caller ID* Memory and Dialer
- This caller ID feature also stores up to 50 names with direct callback capability.
- Light-Up Antenna with Ringer/Message Alert
- A great visual alert, a light on the end of select cordless handsets blinks quickly when the phone rings and flashes at a slower rate if a message is waiting in your phone company-subscribed mailbox (KX-TG5200M, KX-TG5202M, KX-TG5230M) or on the base unit's built-in answering machine (KX-TG5210M, KX-TG5212M, KX-TG5240M).
- Handset Speakerphone
- A speakerphone is located on the back of the phone's handset, offering convenient, hands-free operation even away from the base.
- 4-Line Multifunction Backlit LCD Screen on Handset
- Shows Call Status, Programming Options, Directory Items, and if you subscribe, up to 3 lines of Caller ID information, so there's no need for scrolling. Backlighting greatly aids visibility especially in low light areas.
- Voice Enhancer Technology
- Helps clarify and improve sound reception creating a natural-sounding voice that is easy to hear and understand. The Panasonic Voice Enhancer Technology is able to simulate a bandwidth signal above and below the normal bandwidth limitations, achieving a sound which is close to the actual voice.
- Chain Dial
- Allows users to "chain" numbers stored in memory together by pressing a single button for each stored number during a call. Uses include: credit card numbers and pins, calling card and access numbers, and telephone banking.
- Navigator Key
- Provides easy access to the Caller ID memory and phone directory/dialer. You can control handset volume, ringer loudness and more.
- 50-Station Phone Directory and Dialer
- Store up to 50 frequently called numbers in an alphabetical directory.
- Phone Directory Sharing
- Share the names and phone numbers programmed in one handset with any other handset in the system.
- 2-Way Intercom/Paging
- You can call any other extension in the system from the handset.
- Headset Jack Included
- Connect an optional headset to the standard 2.5mm jack for hands-free conversations.
- Voice Scramble (Digital Security)
- Lighted Handset Keypad
- You don't have to fumble in the dark any more. Panasonic's lighted handset keypad allows for easy dialing in darkened rooms.
- Volume Control
- Mute/Hold/Flash/Pause/5-Station Redial
- Room Monitor
- Use the intercom function to listen to what's going on in any room that has a handset.
- 89 Channels